Subject: Re: "as cool as possible."
From: [email-masked]
To: LightWave Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 1995 00:55:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 8 Aug 1995, Carl Andrew Johnson wrote:

> That's a very subjective term. Without buying additional hardware, placing
> the PAR card in my 4000 and keeping it out of direct sunlight was as cool
> as I could possibly get it.

Hmmm...I guess they should have worded it a little more clearly, like "if 
your finger bursts into flames when you touch the PAR drive, then it is 
too hot".  =)  

Anyways, these things happen and now you know that you need to take extra 
steps to keep your equipment at a comfortable temperature...you may be 
able to improve the situation by just putting another fan close to the 
computer to keep air flowing.  I actually have a large 3-speed fan 
blowing air behind and into the cabinet where my computers are set 
up...this keeps plenty of cool air flowing into the computers and it 
also provides a nice breeze for me on those hot summer days.

                                     -David Warner

--
[email-masked] sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]